PaleoSearch, Inc. is a privately owned corporation located in Hays, Kansas. Since 1983, we have specialized in supplying rare and exotic fossils to museums, decorators, educational institutions and private collectors throughout the world.
Many of the fossils we offer are acquired from other collectors/suppliers around the world, however we also do fossil hunting and discovery here in the Cretaceous chalk beds of western Kansas. We have been collecting and preparing fossils from this area for almost 30 years. Specimens that are found on a frequent basis are skeletal remains of Xiphactinus (large bony fish), Pteranodon (flying reptile), Turtle, Giant oysters, Giant crinoids, and Mosasaurs (large reptile). These are all extinct animals that lived in the Cretaceous seaway, which once covered Texas, Oklahoma, western Kansas and most of Colorado and the Dakotas.
Laminated identification cards are included with all purchases.
PaleoSearch is a proud member of the following organizations:
- Association of Applied Paleontological Sciences (AAPS) (Past President)
- Mid-America Paleontological Society (MAPS)
- The Paleontological Society (PS)
- Society of Vertebrate Paleontology (SVP)
- Paleosearch does not offer opinions or advice concerning the identification or value of fossils or artifacts from any other source, other than items that we have discovered or are offering for sale. Please consult your local museum or university for opinions on fossils you have discovered or have in your possession.
- For the protection of our buyers and our business, we only acquire new specimens from other professional and trusted associates.
- We only sell fossils collected on private land and in accordance with the laws covering fossil collecting in the United States and other countries.